Sachin Tendulkar, a retired Indian cricketer, is widely regarded as one of the greatest batsmen in the history of cricket. He holds the record for the most runs scored in international cricket, with 18,426 runs in Tests and 18,111 runs in One Day Internationals (ODIs).
Kumar Sangakkara, a retired Sri Lankan cricketer, is another top run-scorer in the game. He scored 12,400 runs in Tests and 14,234 runs in ODIs.
Brian Lara, a retired West Indian cricketer, is also among the top run-scorers in cricket history. He scored 11,953 runs in Tests and 10,405 runs in ODIs.
Other top run-scorers in cricket include:
- Ricky Ponting (Australia) – 13,378 runs in Tests and 13,704 runs in ODIs
- Jacques Kallis (South Africa) – 13,289 runs in Tests and 11,579 runs in ODIs
- Rahul Dravid (India) – 13,288 runs in Tests and 10,889 runs in ODIs
- Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka) – 11,814 runs in Tests and 12,650 runs in ODIs
- Alastair Cook (England) – 12,472 runs in Tests and 5,080 runs in ODIs
These are some of the highest run-scorers in cricket history.