There are several top cricket leagues in the world, each with its own unique format and level of competitiveness. Some of the most notable cricket leagues include:
- Indian Premier League (IPL) – The IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league in India, which is widely considered to be the most popular and lucrative cricket league in the world. It is contested by eight teams representing eight different cities in India.
- Big Bash League (BBL) – The BBL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league in Australia, which is similar in format to the IPL. It is contested by eight teams representing different cities in Australia.
- Caribbean Premier League (CPL) – The CPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league that is held annually in the Caribbean. It is contested by six teams representing different countries and territories in the Caribbean.
- Pakistan Super League (PSL) – The PSL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league in Pakistan, which is similar in format to the IPL and BBL. It is contested by six teams representing different cities in Pakistan.
- Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) – The BPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league in Bangladesh, which is similar in format to the other leagues mentioned above.
All the above leagues are domestic league and played by the national players of the respective countries and some players from other countries also participated on invitation/ as a foreign player. Other than domestic league, ICC Champions Trophy, ICC world Cup, T20 World Cup, are top international tournaments of Cricket which are played at different intervals of time.
Each league has a different schedule and duration, but all of them involve a round-robin group stage, followed by knockout playoff matches to determine the champion. The quality of cricket and the level of competitiveness in each league can vary, but they are all considered to be among the top leagues in the world and feature some of the best cricketers from around the globe.